When it comes to your home, there is nothing that will transform it like a new coat of paint. All of a sudden, your home will be given a new breath of life with a simple coat of fresh paint. If you have a home that requires painting, you may be wondering how often you should have it painted. Ciarlanti Painting – Jeff The Painter is here to talk about how often you need to have the outside of your home painted to avoid damage to your house.
What Factors Play a Role in How Often a House Needs to Be Painted?
There are several different factors that come into play when you are talking about how often your home needs to be painted. Here are some things that can have an impact on how often this should happen.
– House Material: Depending on the material your home is made of you may have to paint it more often than others. If you have a home made of wood, you can plan to paint it every 3-7 years. For homes made of aluminum, you should be painting your home every 5 years. Stucco houses will need a fresh coat of paint every 5-6 years, and brick homes can last 15-20 years before needing to be painted.
– Environment of Home: The environment plays a big role in the frequency at which you should paint your home. If you live somewhere that has salt in the air, you are going to need to paint your home more often. Also, things that excessive sun exposure and humidity can play a role in how often your house should be painted.
– Quality of Paint: It is extremely important to use high quality paint when you are painting your home. If you skimp on the paint, you will find that you only have to repaint your home more often. You can never go wrong when you choose a higher quality paint.
Signs You Need to Have Your Home Repainted
Following are the signs that will surely be present when it’s time to repaint your home.
– Fading: If your home is exposed to excessive sunlight that is intense, you may notice that the paint starts to show signs of fading.
– Gaps: You shouldn’t ever see gaps between the house and the windows and doors. If you do, it’s time to paint.
– Cracked Caulking: Caulking is used to seal around doors, windows and walls. If you start to notice cracks in this caulking, it’s a good indication that paint is needed.
– Time: One of the best signs that you need a fresh coat of paint is time. If it’s been over 5 years, it may be time to look into it.
Interior & Exterior House Painting & More in San Marcos, Vista, Oceanside, Encinitas, Carlsbad & Escondido, California
If you are in need of exterior painting, you can rely on Ciarlanti Painting – Jeff The Painter to make sure the job is done right. You won’t find better exterior painting services in the area. Call us today!