Painting the outside of your house is something that can seem like a large investment to many homeowners. For this reason, most homeowners want to make sure that their exterior paint is going to last as long as possible. There are several things that can be done to ensure this happens. Jeff the Painter is here to share some tips to help extend the life of your exterior paint.
How Can I Make My House Exterior Paint Last Longer?
As mentioned above, there are several things that can be done to ensure your exterior paint lasts as long as possible. Homeowners don’t want to be faced with repainting their home’s surfaced prematurely.
– Choose the Right Painting Company: It cannot be stressed enough how important it is to have the right painting company working with you to paint your house. If you are wanting your paint job to last as long as possible, the first thing you need to do is make sure that the paint job you get is a high quality one.
– High Quality Paint: Just like the application of the exterior paint on your home is important, the quality of the paint you choose is also going to be vital in extending the life of your exterior paint. Make sure you are selecting paint that is formulated for exterior use. Cheap paint will leave you disappointed in the results.
– Clean Gutters: The exposure that the paint on the outside of your house has to moisture will also play a role in how long it lasts. This isn’t talking about moisture exposure to snow and rain but rather leaks and pooling. A lot of this can be avoided if you have your gutters cleaned regularly. When your gutters aren’t working properly, water is constantly seeping out of them and onto your exterior paint.
– Get Rid of Mildew: If you start to notice that there is any sign of mold or mildew growing on your home, it is vital that you get rid of it as soon as possible. This is another problem that can be caused by too much contact with moisture and can ruin your paint.
– Wash Your House: While most homeowners often think about cleaning the inside of their house, it it isn’t as common to clean the outside. However, cleaning the outside of your home can be extremely beneficial when it comes to protecting your exterior paint. Getting rid of the debris and gunk that builds up on the outside of your home can keep moisture issues and other problems from damaging your exterior paint.
Interior & Exterior House Painting & More in San Marcos, Temecula, Vista, Oceanside, Encinitas, Carlsbad & Escondido, California
If it’s time to have the outside of your home painted, you can turn to the skilled painters at Jeff the Painter to ensure the job is done right. We will make sure your home is painted with precision as the results are beautiful. Call us today!